DOH Philippines reported 206 new cases of COVID-19 | Statistic update 9 April 2020

DOH Philippines reported 206 new cases of COVID-19, Jon Smitt
DOH Philippines reported 206 new cases of COVID-19

Breaking Philippines news! Coronavirus statistic update 9 April 2020

The Department of Health Philippines reported 206 new cases of COVID-19 in the Philippines as of 4:00 PM 9 April 2020. The total number of recovered 124 (28new), confirmed 4076, deaths 203 (21new)

Coronavirus affected Philippines, and we can to know real statistics every day about that.

DOH HOTLINE (02) 894-26843

We every day to inform you and up-to-date statistic with COVID-19 in the Philippines and the world. We will update the data daily so that you know about the situation with CoronaVirus that is happening in the Philippines and in the world. Stay tuned for news and updates on the website cebusite.com and looking our accounts in social resources
https://www.facebook.com/cebusite
https://www.instagram.com/cebusite
https://twitter.com/cebusite

The first symptoms and signs of infection COVID-19

The disease caused by coronavirus, in fact, is an acute respiratory viral infection and has a corresponding clinical picture. Cases of asymptomatic carriage are extremely rare: certain signs appear in almost everyone who has SARS-CoV-2.

Most people with coronavirus complain of the usual symptoms of SARS. In 80% [8] of infected people, the disease passes easily and ends in recovery within a week, like a banal "cold". But the remaining 20% ​​have a severe course with the development of complications that can prove fatal. Mortality of a new coronavirus infection averages 3.8%, but this indicator is highly dependent on age and the presence of concomitant diseases.

The main symptoms of coronavirus are fever (noted in about 90% of cases) and cough, mostly dry, less often with sputum production. Another common symptom uncommon for other acute respiratory viral infections is shortness of breath. Its presence makes it possible to suspect a coronavirus infection in a patient with fever. Quite often (in about 14% of cases) there is a sore throat. Common symptoms of intoxication are quite typical for the disease - weakness, headaches and muscle pains, pallor, chills. Less common signs of coronavirus are sneezing and nasal congestion, as well as manifestations from the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.

In severe coronavirus infection, complications develop. The most formidable of them is viral pneumonia, which can result in death from pulmonary edema and acute respiratory failure. Of other, less dangerous complications, sinusitis, bronchitis, and otitis media are possible - as with conventional SARS.

The incidence of COVID-2019 and the features of the course vary significantly depending on age. It has been observed that children are least affected by a new infection. A report by WHO experts conducting research in China says that only 2.4% of patients with coronavirus are patients under the age of 18. In children, the disease proceeds, as a rule, in a mild form.

The older the person, the greater the chance of getting COVID-2019 and the higher the risk of complications. The most vulnerable group is elderly patients. The danger is compounded by the fact that most people over 60 have concomitant pathologies that increase the risk of an adverse outcome. A WHO study showed that mortality from coronavirus is higher if the patient has hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, chronic respiratory diseases, and tumors due to infection.

On what basis can a coronavirus infection be suspected in itself and when to seek medical help? Be sure to stay home and call a doctor on 103 if:

you have symptoms of SARS and at the same time you returned from a country with a poor coronavirus situation less than 14 days ago (China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Great Britain, Switzerland, Norway, USA);
signs of a “cold” were manifested against contact with someone who had recently visited a country with an unfavorable epidemiological situation.
As soon as possible, you need to seek help with symptoms of SARS for patients over 60 years of age with concomitant chronic diseases - even if they were not abroad and did not contact new arrivals. The decision to conduct a coronavirus test in this case will be made by the doctor.

Coronavirus update DOH Philippines reported recovered confirmed deaths
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor
Be the first to rate
(0 ratings)
No rates yet
No recommendations yet
Log in ,
to rate and recommend

Comments