Davao will start a lockdown at 26 March 2020 and curfew for kids and senior citizen
AN ORDER PROVIDING FOR ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES IN THE
IMPLEMENTATION OF COMMUNITY QUARANTINE BEGINNING 05:00H OF
THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2020 UNTIL 23:59H OF SUNDAY APRIL 19, 2020
UNLESS FURTHER EXTENDED, MODIFIED OR WITHDRAWN
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization declared a pandemic on the spread of the Covidl9 virus infection;
WHEREAS, President Duterte Issued Presidential Proclamation 922 to put the country In a State of Public Health Emergency In relation to National Security;
WHEREAS, President Duterte issued Presidential Proclamation 929 and declared a State of Calamity In the entire country for a period of six months;
WHEREAS, Section 16 of Republic Act No. 7160 also known as the Local Government Code provides that within their respective territorial Jurisdictions, local government units shall ensure and promote health and safety, and preserve the comfort and convenience of their inhabitants;
WHEREAS, the Epidemiologist and Infectious Disease Specialist doctors demand that people stay in their houses to arrest the spread of the infection in a community quarantine and lockdown;
WHEREAS, there is still a need for some business establishments and offices to continue operations and allow employees to come in;
WHEREAS, it becomes necessary to supplement existing quarantine guidelines and impose stricter measures for this purpose.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, SARA Z. DUTERTE, Mayor of the City of Davao, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the following:
SECTION 1. ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF COMMUNITY QUARANTINE BEGINNING 05:00H OF THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2020 UNTIL 23:59H OF SUNDAY APRIL 19, 2020 UNLESS FURTHER EXTENDED, MODIFIED OR WITHDRAWN.
1. Face masks are mandatory when going out in public. Face masks with face shield are encouraged;
2. No person can come out from their residence, dwelling, and its Immediate surroundings except those who will buy food or medicine, go to the hospital or In an emergency situation, and except as herein provided
3. Close ALL establishments and offices, EXCEPT government offices, groceries, supermarkets, wet markets/palengkes, food commissaries, food manufacturing, food delivery services, wholesale stores, convenience stores, sari-sari stores, hospitals, medical laboratories, pharmacies, drugstores, banks and ATMs, savings and credit cooperatives, money-transfer services and bayad centers, courier services, other delivery services, construction hardware, doctor's and dentist's clinics, gas stations, water refilling stations, LPG stations, and business process outsourdng/call centers. Whenever possible, a skeletal workforce arrangement must be Implemented to create distancing between employees:
a) All other business establishments and private offices not mentioned are required to shift to online work and implement a work at home scheme;
b) All business establishments and private offices should hire augmentation security personnel for their facilities;
c) All restaurants, cafes, bakeries and other similar food establishments should close down their dining area and open only for take-out, in-house delivery or food delivery services;
d) All wet markets/palengkes must have an entrance, exit and one way direction for people to go through. People cannot turn around and go back and cannot roam around the wet markets/palengkes;
e) Sari-sari stores must not allow people to stay and loiter, and must be dosed during the curfew hours of 9PM to 5AM.
4. Ambulant food and non-food vendors are prohibited to sell anywhere;
5. Jeepney drivers shall continue to work for the government by providing public transportation service, sanitation of Jeepney units, implementation of social distancing and wearing of masks In public;
6. Taxis shall accommodate a maximum of 2 passengers only per trip. Tricycles and trisikads shall carry 1 passenger only per trip;
7. The schedule of the ban of trucks along the highways is hereby lifted;
8. Manufacturing, fabrication, construction, agri-business and other similar sectors should reduce workload and extend their deadlines to significantly reduce laborers in the job site and to create a two meter distance between laborers;
9. No minors, senior citizens, pregnant women, sick and Immunocompromised individuals can go out of the residence or dwelling except to go to the hospital, medical or allied medical Institutions;
10. Funeral parlors and private and public cemeteries are mandated to Impose a "family members only" wake and bunal and at all times must demand compliance and observance of two (2) meter distance between family members and frequent handwashing with soap and water;
11. All public and private educational institutions should prepare for online enrollment procedures and the possibility of online classes for the months of April to July 2020;
12. Backyard cockfichtmg/sabong shall be prosecuted under pertinent laws and regulations;
13. All private hospitals in Davao Oty are not allowed to admit PUIs and Covid-19 positive patients. The Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) shall be the primary hospital for severe and critical Covid-19 PUI and positive patients. Other centers available for mild PUIs shall receive patients referred to them by SPMC.
NO PERSON or vehicle shall be allowed to enter the Davao Region EXCEPT for vehicles with cargo and one (1) driver with no assistant/s. The driver cannot go down the truck.
For purposes of this Order, “Cargo" shall mean to include animals, vegetables all other non-living things but not dead human bodies.
a) Cargo vehicle assistants may be unloaded at the checkpoint to wait for the truck to come back and leave Davao Region;
b) Cargo vehicle final destination must be within the Davao Region;
c) Empty cargo vehicles may come in to pick up cargo inside the Davao Region with 1 driver only and no assistants;
d) The 10ID and PRO XI should divide the areas of all highways in Davao Region and assign which unit should secure the area for the protection of people and cargo travelling on the highways.
15. Anyone can leave the city at any time but cannot come back during the quarantine period.
16. SEA CARGO
All sea vessels can unload cargo In any port in Region XI but all personnel and crew of the vessels are prohibited to come down from the vessels.
Business Process Outsourcing / Call Centers, per mandate of Department of Trade and Industry Memorandum Circular 20-08 Series 2020, have two (2) options only:
a) Skeletal workforce with social distancing and appropriate temporary accommodation arrangements within the vicinity and with shuttle service;
b) Work from home arrangements
If BPOs/Call Centers cannot comply with either of the two options, It shall be closed down Immediately.
18. RATION CARDS
Beneficiaries are Heads of Families that are:
b) Contractuai/No Work No Pay;
c) Self-Employed; or
d) With significant loss or reduction of income
All due to the COVID-19, the state of public health emergency and state of calamity.
19. TELEPHONE MEDICINE
a) Pharmacies and drugstores are requested to accept prescnptions that are in the form of text messages wherein the sender is Central 911 to cater to patients who are accommodated by volunteer doctors conducting telemedicine in the city In coordination with 911;
b) In the absence of a doctor's prescription, pharmacies and drugstores are requested to allow senior citizens or their duly authorized representatives to avail of their senior citizens' discount with the presentation of only their purchase orders/booklets and senior citizens* ID.
SECTION 2. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. If any provision of this Executive Order is declared invalid or unconstitutional, the other provisions not affected thereby shall remain valid and subsisting.
SECTION 3. REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders or parts thereof which are Inconsistent with the provisions of this Executive Order are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 4. EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done on the 23rd of March 2020 in Davao City, Philippines.