24-hour ban for 65+ years old and students
WHEREAS. Memorandum No. 8 issued by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on 8 November 2016 outlined the functions of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas.
WHEREAS. Section 2 of the foregoing Memorandum dearly states that ‘all department, bureaus, offices, agendes, or instrumentalities of the government, indudmg Government- owned or controlled corporations (GOCC) and Government Finandal Institutions (GFI), are hereby directed to render full assistance and cooperation to the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas as may be required to carry out his functions pursuant to this Order LGUs are also oncouragod to give assistance to the Prosidontial Assistant as the circumstances may require."
WHEREAS, the President issued Prodamation No. 929. ‘Dedaring a State of Calamity Throughout the Philippines due to Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)."
WHEREAS, subsequently, the President issued subsequent circulars in relation to COVID-19. among which imposed community quarantine and enhanced community quarantine over the entire Luzon, following its dedaration as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO).
NOW. THEREFORE. I. Michael Lloyd L. Dino, Presidential Assistant for the Visayas. by virtue of the authority granted, do hereby order:
1. It is of common knowledge that all LGUs have issued their own versions of community quarantine to curb the spread of the disease:
2 However, a 24-hour curfew or home quarantine must be stnctly implemented against Senior Citizens (65 years of age and above). The Department of Health has warned that these age groups are the most vulnerable when infected with COVID disease
3. Furthermore, strict 24-hour curfew or home quarantine should also be stnctly implemented against all students.
4. As in both cases, these age demographics may leave their households only for medical emergencies, or to undergo routine medical procedures for chronic illnesses Further, students may be exempted from home quarantine if they can show adequate proof that they are volunteering for medical work or are active volunteers to any medical related work.
5 In all cases, all persons who leave their households must present valid identification cards, indicating their dale of birth, and employment identification
6. In line with the foregoing guidelines, all LGUs are hereby ordered to execute their respective ordinances, the effectivity of which should be no later than 22 March 2020 at 3PM
7. The PNP and AFP to render full assistance to LGUs in the implementation of the respective ordinances in relation to the foregoing advisory.
8. These guidelines shall remain effective until withdrawn