Senior residents set to get P2K money help Feb. 29

Senior Citizens Benefits

Breaking News! 

THE Cebu City Government is set to discharge P2,000 in real money help to senior residents on Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020.

The budgetary help for the old living in the city's 80 towns covers the initial two months of the year.

Ernesto Atuel and his better half Esmeralda, the old couple living in the mountain town of Cambinocot, are anticipating get their money help on Feb. 29, saying they need the cash in purchasing their nutrients and support prescription.

Qualified

The Atuels are among the in excess of 80,000 older who are qualified to get the money help.

Chairman Edgardo Labella entrusted City Administrator Floro Casas Jr. to screen the money help circulation, which will occur in barangay lobbies, rec centers and schools.

Office of Senior Citizen Affairs (Osca) acting official chief Jeffrey Ocampo said around 100,000 senior residents are holders of Osca ID cards. Of Cebu City's old, just 82,000 are able to get P12,000 in yearly money help as the rest were transferees.

Changed mandate

The City saw an expansion of the money help recipients following the City Council's choice to permit senior residents who enrolled as voters in 2013 to benefit themselves of the help.

On June 4, 2019, the City Council affirmed the amendatory law supported by Councilor Eugenio Gabuya Jr. which commands that old individuals who had been enlisted in the Commission on Elections (Comelec) from 2011 until 2013 will get the budgetary guide from the City.

City Ordinance 2453, which was wrote by Labella when he was as yet a councilor, states that solitary the old who enlisted in Comelec in 2010 and prior were permitted to get money help of P1,000 every month. Those senior residents who moved their Comelec enrollment to Cebu City in 2011 and later are not permitted to get the monetary guide, however they can even now profit themselves of limits from foundations on the off chance that they have a distinguishing proof card gave by the Osca.

Casas asked the recipients to bring their Osca cards, so they can get their guide immediately. All the faculty of the City Hall's 26 divisions will be sent to the barangays to circulate the money help, said Casas.

Senior Citizens Cebu News Cebusite
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor
Be the first to rate
(0 ratings)
No rates yet
No recommendations yet
Log in ,
to rate and recommend

Comments

Post your comment to communicate and discuss this article.

Water Supply
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines — Get your downpour outfits as it will be a blustery Monday tomorrow, February 17, 2020. The state climate authority said the Northeast storm (Amihan) would improve this coming week and would bring downpours and tempests here in metro Cebu and the vast majority of the Visayas. Jhomer Eclarino, a climate authority at the Mactan Station of the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (...
Crime
Breaking News!  CEBU, Philippines — An enemy of medication activity that came about to equipped experiences in Cebu City Tuesday night left one police officer and two presumes dead. Three different suspects were captured. The primary equipped experience happened early night in Sitio San Roque Tabada in Barangay Mambaling when components of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Group (PDEG-7) and Special Operating Unit 5 led a purchase bust activity. Detecting th...
Cebu
Breaking News!  CEBU, Philippines — To help address the issue on unlawful medications, the Police Regional Office (PRO) in Central Visayas will actualize a "sedate mapping" methodology. Police Brigadier General Albert Ignatius Ferro, PRO-7 executive, said the methodology fundamentally includes close checking of barangays recognized as unlawful medication hotspots. "Since we have this distinguished barangays that are marginally influenced, modestly influenc...
Politics
Breaking News!  MANILA, Philippines — A Quezon City court gave a warrant of capture against previous Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV for the administration's connivance to submit dissidence body of evidence against him. An ABS-CBN report said Quezon City Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 138 gave a capture warrant against Trillanes, Peter Joemel Advincula and nine others blamed for plotting to destabilize the legislature. As indicated by the report, the bail is se...
Coronavirus Updates
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines — While the Capitol express amazement with the expansion in the quantity of people that are presently under isolate, Governor Gwendolyn Garcia said they are stunned by how "requesting" the new clump of travelers landing in Cebu from Taiwan are. Since Monday evening, Taiwan has just been remembered for the movement boycott forced by the national government in its endeavors to forestall the spread of the Corona Virus Di...
Incident
Breaking News! CEBU CITY, Philippines—A Cebu City-claimed dump truck burst into flames while crossing the South Road Properties (SRP) early morning of Wednesday, February 13, 2020. As per Lawyer John Jigo Dacua, the leader of the Department of Public Service (DPS), the truck was conveying trash from Barangay Punta Princessa to the Transfer Station in Inayawan past 8 a.m. at the point when it burst into flames. Preceding the fire, the truck has just broke d...
Society
Breaking News!  SOME netizens reprimanded the structure of a protection card disseminated by the Cebu Provincial Government as it has the picture of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia. Nonetheless, the commonplace official was undeterred by the cynicism drawn by the card regardless of the presence of a 2013 Commission on Audit (COA) roundabout which expresses that the setting of open authorities' pictures and names on government ventures is superfluous. "Kanang mga neg...
Flood
Breaking News!  THE Cebu City's Department of Engineering and Public Works (DEPW) is set to reestablish the conduits of three oftentimes overflowed regions. This after Mayor Edgardo Labella was asked by inhabitants in those overflowed regions for a prompt answer for their predicament. Kenneth Carmelita Enriquez, who heads the DEPW, said they can't depend on consistently suctioning the every now and again overwhelmed zones in Barangays Kinasang-a, Pardo and...
Coronavirus Updates
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines — The torment brought by the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) to Cebu's travel industry may negatively affect representatives in the business. Bai Hotel Vice President for Operations Alfred Reyes, who sits in the Board of the Hotel, Resort, Restaurants Association of Cebu (HRRAC), Inc., said laying off of representatives is certainly not a distant chance if the neighborhood and universal the travel industry keep on dro...