CEBU CITY, Philippines – Roads that encompass the Basilica will be shut to vehicular traffic during the January 9, 2020 opening salvo of the current year's dining experience of the Señor Sto. Niño.
In a warning posted on their Facebook page on Monday morning, January 6, 2020, the Cebu City Transportation Office (CCTO) said that influenced streets will include:
• Osmeña Boulevard – from Lapulapu Street up to the side of F. Gonzales Street
• D. Jakosalem Street – from Legaspi Street up to the side of M.C. Briones Street
• P. Burgos Street – from Legaspi Street up to the edge of M.C. Briones Street
• Lapulapu St. – from M.C. Briones Street up to the edge of Osmeña Boulevard
• Zamora St. – the entire stretch of the street from the edge of Legaspi Street
• Magallanes St. – from M.J. Cuenco Avenue up to the edge of P. Burgos and F. Gonzales Streets
A part of F. Gonzales Street from the edge of M. C Briones and Magallanes Streets to the edge of Osmeña Boulevard will likewise be utilized for single direction traffic.
Open Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) that are utilizing the shut down streets will be rerouted to other close by streets, the warning said.