Mayor Labella was shocked to the Cebu City Mayor’s Office

BEFORE he could begin his official obligations as the new civic chairman of Cebu City on Monday, July 1, 2019, active Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella met a shock—the city hall leader's office had been separated of its pipes framework and electrical association, and it had been deprived of its roof, tiles and can bowl. 

The workplace has been involved by Mayor Tomas Osmeña since 2016, after he crushed then civic chairman Michael Rama. The lawmaker, the grandson of the fourth Philippine President Sergio Osmeña Sr., was vanquished by Labella in the May 13, 2019 midterm races. 

Osmeña's last day as civic chairman fell on Friday, June 28, as the Constitution-commanded supposition date of office of recently chosen authorities (early afternoon of June 30) falls on a Sunday. 

He was not seen at the City Hall on Friday. 

On Thursday night, June 27, around 20 men—allegedly from a private development firm—entered the City Hall and "vandalized" the civic chairman's office, as indicated by the watchman's declaration and surveillance camera film. The workplace is on the eighth floor of the extension building. 

The "obliteration" of the civic chairman's office began at 8 p.m. Thursday and finished at day break Friday, and unique associate to the civic chairman Raymond Paul Taboada managed the development laborers. 

Active Department of General Services head Ronald Malacora explained that the dark colored bureau, light and pipes apparatuses, parcels, entryway, roof and tiles are possessed by Osmeña. 

As far as concerns him, Labella was staggered by what his antecedent did to the city hall leader's office. The two legislators had been partners at the Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan, before Labella joined the gathering of Rama, who broke ties with Osmeña. Rama is the approaching bad habit civic chairman. 

"The ruin of the city hall leader's office is difficult to accept. It's a stunner. In any case, as I think about it, maybe it is close to a microcosm of the manner in which somebody has left a whole city wrecked," Labella said. 

Legal counselors Floro Casas and Rey Gealon—approaching city overseer and legitimate official, separately—likewise examined the workplace, and the scene inside the workplace of the city's most influential man shocked them. 

"We are dazed in light of the fact that we are going to move the things of city hall leader choose Labella from the bad habit civic chairman's office here on the eighth floor since his new office (on the ground floor of the official structure) has been experiencing fix," Gealon said. 

He said it would have been middle of the road if Osmeña's camp had taken recently the furnishings, which is allegedly possessed by the active city hall leader. 

In any case, Gealon couldn't acknowledge the demonstration of vandalizing the open office. He said Labella would keep on possessing Osmeña's previous office, and the harmed roof would be secured with a covering to shield the new civic chairman from being hit by any flotsam and jetsam that may tumble off. 

Osmeña, who was city hall leader from 2001 to 2010 and from 2016 to the present, is the main civic chairman to hold office on the eighth floor. The floor-to-roof windows in his office enabled him to see the South Road Properties and the Cebu South Coastal Road. 

Osmeña said he simply changed his office back to its unique state. 

He said his office had no parcel in 2001, and it was exposed cement. He changed his office with the assistance of temporary workers and providers of development materials. 

"What I truly did was (that) I spent for it; I took it out. I am reestablishing what it was right back to 2001," Tomas told correspondents in a telephone gathering. 

At the point when Michael Rama moved toward becoming city hall leader, the workplace was changed over into a banquet room for prominent guests. Rama is the approaching bad habit civic chairman. 

Rama, who won as city hall leader in 2010 and 2013, was conceded by the City Council P9 million for the improvement of his office. He held office on the ground floor of the addition building, saying he didn't need his constituents to need to go as far as possible up to the eighth floor on the off chance that they needed to see the city hall leader. 

Subsequent to vanquishing Rama in the mayoral race in 2016, Osmeña requested that the City Council suitable P2 million for the improvement of his office. Be that as it may, it was not given to him, he said. 

Osmeña said he isn't stressed over the grievances intended to be documented against Taboada and different people. The City Legal Office would investigate the likelihood of including Osmeña as a respondent.

MAYOR OFFICE CEBU TURN OVER DAMAGE
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor
Be the first to rate
(0 ratings)
No rates yet
No recommendations yet
Log in ,
to rate and recommend

Comments

Buses Schedule
Breaking Cebu News! Buses Schedule between Cebu provinces during General Community Quarantine SCHEDULE OF TRIPS Starting June 1, 2020CEBU - ARGAO6:30AM, 9:00AM, 11:00AM, 1:00PM, 3:00PM, 5:00PMARGAO - CEBU6:00AM, 7:30AM, 9:30AM, 12:00PM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, 6:00PMCEBU - CARCAR6:45AM, 8:15AM, 9:15AM, 10:15AM, 11:15AM, 12:45PM, 2:00PM, 3:00PM, 4:00PM, 5:00PM, 6:00PMCARCAR - CEBU6:00AM, 7:00AM, 8:00AM, 9:00AM, 10:30AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM, 1:30PM, 3:00PM, 4:00PMCEBU...
321 recovered patients
Breaking Cebu News! 321 recovered patients come back to home Yesterday Cebu City has  a new record. After hospitalization 321 recovered patients come back to their families. Good team job in isolation centers got better results.We have the most number of recoveries recorded today, 279 coming from Brgy Mambaling, 22 from Brgy Tejero, 15 from Brgy Labangon, 2 from Brgy Mabolo, 1 each from Brgy Lahug, Capitol Site and Luz.Our recoveries have reached a total o...
Recoveries in the Cebu
Breaking Cebu News! 164 new recovered COVID-19 patients Second wave by COVID-19 not for Cebu City. 164  recovered patients show for us this is the real situation. This big amount can be way for lifted lockdown and community quarantine. Good team job with Cebu government and front liners got the results. This amount should to be better for exclude second wave of COVID-19 in the Cebu. People should to follow the rules for protect by CoronaVirus. Lockdown and...
51 recovered COVID19 patients in the Cebu
Breaking Cebu News! 51 recovered COVID19 patients in the Cebu, Philippines from Barangay Luz Isolation Center 51 recovered patients from Barangay Luz Isolation Center allready can to come back their home. They are ready join to community and come back to regular life. When they are been in Isolation Center they are got full medical helps and now has been recovered.Karong adlawa, mapasalamaton natong gi-release gikan sa Barangay Luz Isolation Center ang 51...
Coronavirus statistic update May 10,2020
Breaking Philippines news! Coronavirus statistic update May 10, 2020 The Department of Health Philippines reported 184 new cases of COVID-19 in the Philippines as of 4:00 PM. The total number of recovered 1924, confirmed 10794, deaths 719 DOH COVID-19 BULLETIN #057As of 4PM today, May 10, 2020, the Department of Health reports 184 new cases (PH10611-PH10794) of COVID-19.  NCR with additional 77 new cases, Region 7 with additional 75 and 32 new additional c...
CCHD reported 40 new cases in Cebu
Breaking Cebu News! Cebu City Health Department reported 40 new positive cases of CoronaVirus in The Cebu City The Cebu City Health Department reported 40 new positive cases of COVID-19 in the Cebu City May 10, 2020. Total cases 1474, died 7, recovered 31 40 New confirmed posiitive as of May 10, 2020 8am1 new case in Alaska, Mambaling2 new cases in Sambag 21 new case in Bato Ermita1 new case in Punta Princesa33 new cases in Sitio Negative Carreta1 new case...
Aquino International Airport new rules
Today News! Manila, Philippines Aquino International Airport informed about new rules after open During the month starting tomorrow, all incoming charter and commercial international flights to Manila will be able to land at Nina Aquino International Airport (NAIA) only on their designated days.Charter international inbound flights are permitted only on Mondays and Thursdays, and incoming international commercial flights (scheduled) will only be permitted...
LOW MORTALITY IN THE CEBU CITY
Breaking Cebu News! LOW MORTALITY IN THE CEBU CITY reported Government Cebu City During quarantine, according Cebu City Health Department in the Cebu City registered only 7 died cases. That's low mortality because Cebu City confirmed 1434 COVID-19 positive cases. Cebu City Health Department and government the Cebu City still provide the COVID-19  testing, disinfection in some places and isolated people who affected COVID-19LOW MORTALITY IN CEBU CITY. Deput...
17 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Cebu
Breaking News Cebu! 17 new positive cases of COVID-19 reported Cebu City Department of Health According to Cebu City Health Department, during massive testing for today Cebu City got results 17 new COVID-19 confirmed cases.According to Cebu City Health Department, during massive testing for today Cebu City got results 17 new COVID-19 confirmed cases.List of Locations where confirmed COVID-1917 new confirmed cases:2 new cases from Brgy Labangon- Salvador1 n...