The Casa Gorordo Museum was worked by Alejandro Reynes y Rosales in the nineteenth century. It was initially a two-story house. In 1863, it was purchased by a Spanish trader, Juan Isidro de Gorordo. Between 1863 to 1979, four ages of the Gorordo family lived in this house, one is the absolute first Cebuano religious administrator, Juan Gorordo.
Casa Gorordo Museum. Historical place in Cebu.
The house was worked with coral stone squares, earthenware rooftop tiles, and molave (tugas) hardwood flooring. It likewise has wide windows with sliding boards that are fitted with capiz shells, an ordinary Spanish design during the Spanish pioneer time frame. It is referred to locally as the "bahay na bato".
In 1980, the house was acquired by the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc. under its Cultural Heritage Program. It was then opened as an open exhibition hall in 1983 after thorough remodel and rebuilding. The National Historical Institute announced the house as a National Historical Landmark in September 1991. The gallery presently shows Philippine culture and way of life of the mid-nineteenth and mid twentieth century.