Number of measles cases for the most part increments amid the dry season

The measles outbreak declaration remains in place in Central Visayas and health authorities warn that the virus can spread more quickly with the entrance of the hot season.

cebusite.com

 Citing historical data, Ruff Vincent Valdevieso, Child Health Program coordinator of the Department of Health-7, said the number of measles cases usually increases during the dry season, from March to May.

 Last year, an outbreak was declared in Negros Oriental during these months but DOH eventually declared a region-wide outbreak.

The intense heat also contributes to the emergence of other illnesses such as colds and flu.

Valdevieso said the measles virus is transmitted typically through droplets that spread in the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes. He advised those who are sick to cover their mouths when they cough.

The intense heat also contributes to the emergence of other illnesses such as colds and flu.

Valdevieso said the measles virus is transmitted typically through droplets that spread in the air when an infected person coughs or sneezes. He advised those who are sick to cover their mouths when they cough.

For those who are not sick, vaccines remains the best protection, Valdevieso said.

To also boost immune system, the public should eat nutritious food, take vitamins, and increase their fluid intake.

He suggests avoiding crowded places because measles is a highly contagious infectious disease.

At the household level, Valdevieso suggests proper sanitation. He said adults should train children to observe good hygiene.

With the outbreak declaration still in place, DOH’s health units and centers continue to hold response immunization.

As of March 23, DOH-7 covered 61 percent of its priority target (from six month old to 59 month old) or considered as the most vulnerable group. More than 152,000 infants and children of the 244,091 target population have been vaccinated.

cebusite.com

Aside from that, more than 122,000 pupils (Kindergarten to Grade 6) were given vaccines during the school-based immunization while the community-based immunization gathered more than 91,000 recipients (over 40,000 children; over 19,000 teenagers; and over 32,000 adults).

OUTBREAK INCREASE CEBU MEASLES SANITATION
If you notice an error, highlight the text you want and press Ctrl + Enter to report it to the editor
Be the first to rate
(0 ratings)
No rates yet
No recommendations yet
Log in ,
to rate and recommend

Comments

Post your comment to communicate and discuss this article.

Crime
Breaking News! MANILA, Philippines — The informant who uncovered the purported "pastillas" renumeration plot inside the Bureau of Immigration (BI) before a Senate hearing including Chinese nationals is presently under the care of the Witness Protection Program (WPP), Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Friday. Guevarra was alluding to migration official Allison "Alex" Chong who approached and uncovered the racket including air terminal and movement wor...
Edsa 2020
Breaking News! President Rodrigo Duterte is probably going to skirt the 34th commemoration of the Edsa People Power Revolution and simply telecommute while Filipinos accumulate to commend the bloodless unrest that toppled previous President Ferdinand Marcos in 1986. "Consistently is a working day for the President. Regardless of whether it's his rest day, he despite everything works. So he may very well remain at home," said presidential representative Sal...
Crime
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines – Cebu City Regional Trial Court Branch 11 Judge Ramon Daomilas Jr. condemned two ladies from Talisay City to more than four years in prison after they conceded to the charge for the infringement of Republic Act 9775 or the Anti-Child Pornography Act that was recorded against them. The two ladies matured 23 and 33-years of age are likewise confronted with a different charge for the dealing of youngsters with the end g...
Vice President Leni Robredo
Breaking News!  MANILA, Philippines — Vice President Leni Robredo yesterday approached Catholic ministers to keep on standing in opposition to oppression, refering to their noteworthy job during the 1986 EDSA People Power Revolution that toppled the 20-year Marcos system. "EDSA had many extremely important occasions and innumerable legends. However, the way that we recollect it now as we do – as a transformation of blossoms and rosaries as opposed to of pr...
Incidents
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Barangay Council of Tabok in Mandaue City has put the town under a State of Calamity following the colossal fire in Almer's Compound last Monday, February 17, 2020, that rendered 274 families, or 964 people, destitute. Barangay Captain Dario Tarriman said they passed a goals late this evening, Feb. 19, pronouncing the condition of cataclysm to empower the barangay government to tap their P285,000 catastrophe sto...
Crime
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines—Police from Cebu City caught the city's most needed criminal who was purportedly the contract killer of killed tranquilize ruler Franz Sabalones. Wilfredo Sabella, 44, was captured on Wednesday evening, February 19, 2020, in Talisay City, Cebu. Police reports express that Sabella was needed for homicide in 2001 after he murdered the criminal who took his chicken utilized in his cockfighting exercises in Barangay Buhis...
Health
Breaking News!  MANILA, Philippines — Forty-one Filipinos on board the Diamond Princess journey transport that docked off Yokohama, Japan are contaminated with the COVID-19, an authority of the Department of Health (DOH) revealed Wednesday. "Sa ngayon, we have 41 positive cases as of now for our group sa ating Diamond Princess," Health Assistant Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a question and answer session at DOH principle office. (For the present...
Crime
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines—Members of the Cebu City Police captured a Nigerian national on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, after he purportedly endeavored to assault a 21-year-old understudy in her motel in Barangay Sambag 1 here. Police distinguished the suspect as Soky Odimgbe, 22, a clinical understudy of a Cebu college where the unfortunate casualty likewise learned at. Odimgbe was captured at around 3:00 p.m on Tuesday simply outside the colle...
DILG eyes barangays to take lead on gov’t's road clearing efforts
Breaking News!  CEBU CITY, Philippines – Personnel of Cebu City's Prevention Restoration Order Beautification Enhancement (PROBE) Team drove by its boss, Raquel Arce, executed street clearing on Tuesday morning, February 18, 2020, in a part of the Carbon Public Market situated at the region of Barangay Ermita here. The clearing was made in a joint effort with the Market Operations Division and Ermita authorities to consent to the Barangay walkway and stree...